Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an Olde English Bulldog. 14 Months old. 20" at withers and 65lbs. He is VERY active. We started to notice him limping. Right rear leg. At first it was only when he got up after laying for a while. Now it is almost all of the time.

When I take him outside he runs around in the snow as if he is magically healed and doesent limp. As soon as he comes back inside he starts limping again.

I will take him to get xrays but efore I spend all that money I was wondering what other people think? pulled muscle or potential break?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I am not that knowledgeable regarding canine health (more trained for the human kind) but for what it's worth:

There could be so many reasons why a dog may be limping. Nail problems, irritations or injuries on the pads, sprains, tears, fractures...it is often difficult to know when a dog is in pain, and they may behave quite normal until the pain gets too much for them to hide.

Seeing it is a young dog it most likely is not caused by something like arthritis, and you said he is an active dog, I would guess he must have injured it somehow. I'm glad you're going to have him checked out by your vet, if something is wrong the vet will be able to help, and if nothing is found at least you will have the peace of mind that you had him looked at.

Hope your pup will feel better soon! Will you let us know what the outcome of your vet visit was?

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
What are you feeding?
How long has he been limping?
Have you tried not allowing him to run at all for a day or two and see if he still limps?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts