Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have Bingo my Male Jack Russell and he's been biting his hip and behind area a lot (seems all the time). Today I noticed his left eye was kind of glasses over, cloudy (black part) and the whites of his eye pink, it also looked like there may be a little swelling under the eye also. I'm thinking allergy's, bought and fitted him with a new seresto collar today in case it's fleas. I give him allergy relief sometimes at night. Help

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
If it's environmental allergies you need to give him the benedryl (if that's what you are using) at least once a day, preferably every 8 to 12 hours. He has to stay on it for it to work it's best and even then you might find it's not strong enough, at least that's what I found with my boy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a house full of pets. No, really. We’ve got 3 dogs, about 10 cats, and 3 ferrets. That means we have our work cut out for us when it comes to flea control.

Since we also have a house full of kids- who love their pets- I really hate to use topical, chemical flea control (not that it works well anyway) and I worry about what the chemicals are doing to our furry family members when they ingest so much of these pills or chews that supposedly get rid of fleas. Luckily, there are a lot of options to get rid of fleas naturally!

This is why natural remedies are a good approach to dealing with fleas on dogs. Below are 6 natural ways of getting rid of dog fleas

https://goo.gl/G6s7tQ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts