Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah... as the title states we are going to puppy training class starting this sunday. They are once a week so we get the chance to practise for a week after each class. My question is, how long to wait to get going on the second level of training courses? I suposed my trainer can also answer this for me, but thought I would ask anyways.

On a side note, my dog weighed in at 22lbs todayl. Three weeks ago he weighed in at 13.5lbs. WOW growing very fast!

Have a great evening everyone.

Tim

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I agree. I took our big boy to puppy class, then intermediate, then took our chihuahua puppy to puppy class, took the big boy to advanced (because we needed the extra advise on how to handle him) since then we work on training our new pup ourselves, figure we are pro enough :p GL and again the pup is too cute

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the first training class was fun. We learned to hold and massage the dog to get him used to being handled. We learned to use a clicker and how to train the dog to associate it with praise (treats to start out with). Also learned how to walk him and train him to heel. Walking is getting much better. Lastly we learned how to get the dog to look at us. Our homework is to get the dog to keep his attention on us for 30 seconds. Will be a fun week.

Pawz yer pup is adorable also. Yours to Cri. :D

Tim

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was 4 other dogs in the class and the trainer had her HUGE german shepard there. That Shepard is extremely well trained! Thats how I want my fizz to be.

Tim

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So today was the second training class. Learned a better way to get my dog to sit. The original trainer was on holidays so they had a sub. She was training different methods than the normal trainer so the clas was kind of a bust. She trained on different methods of walking the dog. Myself and a few others didnt really like this because we have been practicing other methods taught by the normal trainer for the last 2 weeks. But what can ya do though eh? I wish the training would progress a litttle quicker but I guess the dog needs time to learn step by step. Anyways we'll see what happens next week.

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts