Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am a newbie dogforum user and sorry for my grammar.

I have a 2 years old dog and had her puppy last 3 weeks ago. In the past weeks every thing is normal but yesterday my dog is biting her puppy's neck, legs, tail,body and head. My puppy seems stressed and started yelping after that the puppy shivered and cried. I thought she was just teaching her pup discipline until I saw a deep wound on puppy's back.what should do?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Has the puppy been vet checked? Either she is removing the pup because he/she is sick or perhaps it's just time to separate. I would keep them separate and speak to your vet about this behaviour.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Pup needs to be separated from the mom and you need to bottle feed it. It is never appropriate for a mother dog to "discipline" a puppy that young. Or honestly even discipline a pup at all by biting it. They should not do that.

I would take mom in for an exam and full blood workup just in case. Also, make appointment to have her spayed in a few weeks too. Dogs that bite and injure their puppies are not stable tempered and should not be bred.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts