Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two 9 month old male chihuahua/dachshund mix dogs from the same litter. They are both fixed and I have never had any behavioral issues with them. We often go to the dog park and play with my friend's dog. My friend recently got a new Shepard/lab mix who is about 10 weeks old. One of my dogs, Milo (the larger one), who is around 14lbs, acts aggressive towards the puppy and growls at him and tries to bite. I don't know why he acts this why or what I can do to prevent it. His brother, Ollie, is about 8lbs and doesn't act aggressive at all. Please help!!

The first time Milo met my friend's new dog was at my house. I figured he was acting aggressive because he was feeling territorial towards him. The second time they met was at my friend's house and he still acted the same way. :confused:

Milo used to hump his brother Ollie quite often and we took that in as Milo just being the dominant one. The humping rarely happens anymore since they got fixed about a month ago.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Pax had a similar phase at about a year old where he would alpha roll and go after younger puppies...not attack but just over dominance. Luckily he grew outta that and could care less about puppies now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts