Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my year old Black lab/german shepard is being adgressive to my 7 month old GSD puppy. when we gave them bones he would attack her and even when she tries to eat. and other random times. any way to stop him? hegot hit by a truck, 3 weeks ago and chiped his shoulder but we got that all fixed and now hes getting meds for his shoulder because theres a bubble. he was and is a very active dog and before this he wouldnt let anyone touch him now hes wanting to sit on my lap and loves to be close and rubbed. and started to become mean to her.

any advise? they have a 40 lb feeder of dog food. 24/7. she cant have anything because he will go after her for them even if he has 5 toys around him he has to have hers.

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Feed them separately and don't give them bones!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Have two separate feeders if that is the only way you feed. One on one end of the house the other on the opposite side. He can not guard both. Or you could feed them in separate kennels Like Tess suggested, on a schedule. My two small ones eat in a kennel..door not locked. My golden eats by the cabinet. I feed in the am and then again in the pm. No fighting or fussing. You can also do the same with treats..give them in a kennel separately.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are outside on 10 acres. they can eat when ever and hes not always in the garage so she has lots of oppertunites to eat. we would rather them have bones then chew up our stuff...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts