Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog has had the Da2PP vaccine and will be getting the second dose in a couple of weeks. He is a two year old cocker spaniel. Over the last two days, he has developed what seems like a cold. He is sneezing and coughing, but mostly seems to have a blocked nose (both nostrils) and nasal discharge (yellowish in colour). He often tries to breath in from his mouth and does this loud inhaling through his nose to try and swallow the mucus. Are his symptoms dangerous ? I have only just adopted him from the spca and never have any other dogs I have owned, shown symptoms of a cold. I have tried taking him to the bathroom to breath in steam and it seems to help, but then the blockage come back again. He is eating but definitely not that much and not drinking a huge amount of water either. I don't know what to do.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
def the vet, let us know how it goes

Reactions: AllieD

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Yep, he needs the vet.

It sounds like it's kennel cough. Most dogs get through kennel cough just fine but some don't.

My dog got kennel cough and it turned into pneumonia, he had to stay at the vets, the first type of antibiotic they tried didn't help and he needed a different one. He recovered fine but it did take a few weeks.

Reactions: AllieD

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Yep go to the Vet I got Georgia from a shelter and she had Kennel cough it took 2 rounds of antibiotics but she is doing well now.

It's nice to see a thread we all agree on lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts