Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i'd like to ask for some advice on how to help my dogs skin problem. He's been having dandruff problems around his body, on his back, near his tail, and on his belly. I used some dog shampoo that's suppose to help his skin, but i don't think it's working. My brother and sister think's it's mange, because his fur comes off too when dandruff flakes get scratched off.:ponder:

Here are some pictures

Attachments

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Get a skin scrape at the vets. Skin issues are too broad to try to diagnose visually. Could be allergy, infection... Any weird smell to the dog? When is the last time the dog had blood tests?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get a skin scrape at the vets. Skin issues are too broad to try to diagnose visually. Could be allergy, infection... Any weird smell to the dog? When is the last time the dog had blood tests?
Alright I'll pick one up! And nah he's smelling like himself. He had a blood test a few months ago.

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Alright I'll pick one up! And nah he's smelling like himself. He had a blood test a few months ago.
Sorry, it's not a product from the vet. Get the vet to do a skin scrape and check for any unfriendlies in your dogs skin. If there's no smell, then it's probably not yeast.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I have found that using coconut oil can help skin issues tremendously. My guy is allergic to something in our yard and gets a rash every spring. I put about an inch of water in the bottom of the tub with a cup of coco oil. I pour it all over him making sure to rub it into his coat.

I agree about getting a skin scrape, but in the interim there's no downside to trying the coco oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts