Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog had fur extremely amtted after back from the kennls, and he had to have his fur completely clipped off. Since then he has been acting extremely anti-social/disobedient. He doesn't play with the toys he love and he doesn't come when called. He doesn't pee in our garden like he use to, but sits there scratching his skin raw and licking and rubbing himself. He is very quiet and not himself. He chases his tail/butt ever time he walks and the earliest vet appointment is days away! Help! Is this natural? What shall we do?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
He is clearly not feeling well. Give him a break and don't expect him to be "obedient".

Call another vet to get a sooner appointment.

No, this is not normal!

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Have you called the groomer to ask what happened?
Ask the groomer about the itching and scratching. Maybe this is a reaction to the shampoo used. He might need another bath with something soothing. (I would do this bath yourself!)

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
ditto tess, this isn't normal, and he isn't feeling well so lowering your expectations of his behavior is a good idea ;) i would also call another vet for an earlier appointment. poor guy sounds totally miserable!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dog had fur extremely amtted after back from the kennls, and he had to have his fur completely clipped off. Since then he has been acting extremely anti-social/disobedient. He doesn't play with the toys he love and he doesn't come when called. He doesn't pee in our garden like he use to, but sits there scratching his skin raw and licking and rubbing himself. He is very quiet and not himself. He chases his tail/butt ever time he walks and the earliest vet appointment is days away! Help! Is this natural? What shall we do?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
88 Posts
If they clipped his hair short maybe they gave him razor burn or his skin is irritated and or feels funny because he went from long to short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts