Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A little over a month ago, I noticed my dog had pooped a mixture of poop and mucous along with a pool of blood. Of course I was freaked out however she had been at my parents house for the weekend and I assumed it was due to my mom over feeding her Cesar's dog food ( she typically would have one every day or two and my mom had given her two in one day). I watched her for a day and she was completely normal except for her stool. After about 24 hours, her poop was back to normal. Last weekend, she stayed with my boyfriend's parents while I was out of town and against my instructions they fed her Cesar's. Again, same bloody pool of stool and her poop went back to normal a day or so later. Now tonight she poops and has the same bloody stool after having a week of completely normal stool. We did not give her Cesar's at all and she had been eating her normal dry dog food since we cut her off from Cesar's. Other than having one or two due to our parents mishaps she has not been having Cesar's. If she is having bloody stool today with absolutely no Cesar's them it cannot be the Cesar's like we had thought. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Obviously we are going to take her to the doctor, however they will not be open again until after the Labor Day holiday. She is about 4 1/2 years old and is generally a healthy dog. When she was a puppy she contracted parvo (and was nearly at deaths door) and ended up being treated ( vet said it was the fastest recovery she had ever seen) about a week after we got her so I know parvo can be ruled out. She is not acting lethargic or different in any way except for her bloody stool.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Obviously we are going to take her to the doctor, however they will not be open again until after the Labor Day holiday. She is about 4 1/2 years old and is generally a healthy dog. When she was a puppy she contracted parvo (and was nearly at deaths door) and ended up being treated ( vet said it was the fastest recovery she had ever seen) about a week after we got her so I know parvo can be ruled out. She is not acting lethargic or different in any way except for her bloody stool.
Sounds like she got a hold of something that threw her stomach off. Are you sure no one I the house gave her food scraps of some kind or she got into the garbage maybe.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
If she gets any worse please get her to the emergency vet, if she doesn't then I think it's safe to wait.

Has she had any new foods or treats or gotten into any food that may be to rich for her? My boy got soft poop after I had fed him Orijen freeze dried treats. He only got half of one for a couple days in a row but it was enough to mess up his stomach. The Orijen treats were just freeze dried meat and had great reviews but my dog just has to be different. Could anything like that have happen to your girl?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts