Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot to ask the vet about this. my puppy when she was 9-12 weeks had no freckles on her belly (as first picture) but then suddenly she started getting more and more and they've darkened.

I've just looked her over head to toe and her entire body is covered with them - she her skin looks like that of a dalmatian! so I'm just wondering if this is normal to have these over her entire body, and is there an increased chance of skin cancer or the like?

anyone else's dog have an abundance of freckles? second picture is just after her desexing, but you can see better as the vet shaved her, they did not mention anything about them.

at 9 weeks

at 5.5 months

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
It just looks like her coloration to me. Puppies can and do change colors as they grow, a good example is a Dalmation, they are born completely white and as they age they develop their spots. Do you know what breed she is?

Here's Zody's naked belly. He has spotted skin all over his body, but it's noticeable on his belly because that's where he's nearly hairless. I got him when he was a year old so I can't say how the spots developed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts