Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I'm new to the forum my name is Josh. My dog Leo about 2 months ago got a growth on his back and it continues to grow and is close to his spine now. I would like to take him to the vet but I honestly don't have the funds right now. From what I seen online it could be a cancerous or non cancerous tumor. Surgeries usually cost $2500 for this which I don't have right now. I am in the New Orleans area does anyone know where I could take him or what to do in this situation.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you I appreciate it. He just turned 6 and his mom died at the same age from heart worms. Really don't want my son to lose him too. He will be devastated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I hadn't opened this thread, because things like this upset me, but I did. So I am compelled to say -- it seems you and your son can't afford to properly care for dogs. It's not just a matter of something like this tumor, but any dog in New Orleans needs to be on heartworm preventative from a puppy. I hope you find a way to handle the tumor, but you also need to think long and hard about either a plan to handle vet bills for your pets or consider whether it's better to do without and avoid misery for both you and the dogs.
My dog was on a preventative and still got heart worms. Also I got an injury at work and workman's comp has not paid me in a year, and I am currently taking them to court. But thank you for being not helpful at all. Not looking for a preacher just some ideas on where I could go to help my dog. Not everybody's life is easy and goes according to plan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts