Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Lab has turned 6 months old now. He had small and a few pimple like outbreak on his belly. But now they have gone full out, on his entire belly, and even inside his fur on back and chest. He's constantly scratching and irritated. I have heard of dog acne, but is this the actual case here?

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
You wouldn't expect acne to itch, it's more likely to be an allergic reaction to something. If your vet can give an antihistamine and it eases it, you would know - you then just need to work out what he might be allergic to (not always easy ...)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Maltese developed an eye infection and has a couple of scabs . Myself and the vet chalked it up to scratching and allergies, even though he gets an allergy shot each month. Opened a bag of Purina One Little bites (his lifelong brand) from Amazon he would pick pieces out and barely eat. Went and bought a bag from the grocery and he reluctantly ate it. I caught him just looking at his food and threw up a red flag! Started researching and released it’s the damn foos making him sick. He has numerous scabs and an eye infection like he’s never had. It seems to be not only purina but maybe several costly brands. Some folks though it was something to do with Amazon , it’s not, it’s the brands. I don’t know what they’ve done but many people have sick or dead fur members. RESEARCH. I immediately took it up and boiled him rice and chicken. He was hungry! Now my husband and I are almost at war because he thinks he NEEDS store bought food but I do not trust ANY of them. I’m going to the vet to buy something from there to keep the peace and hopefully my marriage but I am not happy about placing his health in someone else’s hands. This world sucks!

·
Super Moderator
5,635 Posts
There are wide ranges of quality across foods - dry, wet or raw.

Have a look at dogfoodadvisor.com for unbiased reviews.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts