Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I have some concerns and I cannot seem to find much information matching my dog's behavior online. The vet also doesn't seem to want to call me back or acknowledge my concerns.

I have three dogs and all of them are now recovering from a stomach bug they were passing around to each other. My big guy, Odin, was the first to get sick, first to recover. He is now acting slightly irritable, doesn't want to sleep, "talks" to me a lot (grumbling, vocalizing). He seems like he is wanting for attention since if I ignore his grumbling it gets louder and more insistent until I give him attention. His bowel movements, urination, drinking and eating habits all seem normal, but he kept me up ALL night last night panting and grumbling and just being restless.

When I try to feel around to see if he is in pain, nothing gets a response from him. He seems healthy so all I can think is he is feeling anxious. I took him to the dog park this morning since he has been cooped up since being sick and he ran and played and had a good time, but when we came home, still grumbly and restless. Any ideas???

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think if he was anxious he would try to hide somewhere, that's what my girl that's afraid of thunder does. It sounds to me like he just has a LOT of energy and needs more trips to the park. Just my two cents :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Maybe wait a day or so. It might be the stomach bug hanging on for a bit. Even if you're not hanging out in the bathroom an upset stomach puts people in a grumpy mood because you can't get comfortable.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah he has been a bit gassy so it may be a combo of both being cooped up and the tummy bug.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts