Dog Forum banner

My dog has an adrenal gland tumor, and I have some questions

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  RobClark 
#1 · (Edited)
My Vet discovered that my 10 year old Scottie's liver enzyme level was elevated at 935 during her annual check up. So she put her on Actigall and Denarin. A few months later, they did blood work again and it dropped to 786. And I was told to keep her on the medicine for a few more months. When she was tested again recently, her enzyme level was 1440. And they also found a little blood in a urine. Not a lot, but enough to do more testing. And I was asked to get her abdominal area scanned. They found that one of her adrenal glands was much larger than the other. Which meant she either had Cushing's Disease or a tumor. She had a low dose dex suppression test done and as it turns out, it is a tumor. And they are not sure if it's benign or malignant. After speaking in great detail with the vet and doing a lot of research, I know surgery to have the gland removed is not an option. It's just too dangerous and risky. So we're going to medicine route, Vetoryl. And yet, I don't like it's side effects. Reduced appetite, Vomiting, Diarrhea or loose stool, Lethargy/dullness or Weakness. Here's the thing. My dog is still very normal and healthy otherwise. Eating, sleeping, bathroom. Why put her through this?? Has anyone else had this issue with their dog and if so, what did you do? I'm going to talk to my vet more, but what exactly will Vetoryl do for my dog? Other than make her sick. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.