Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dog (Greyhound) developed a lump about 3 weeks ago. We went on holiday last week and came back and now it's doubled in size!! I have attached pictures below that were taken today.

It's red with a black middle and is currently just smaller than a british 2p pence.

When it was discovered it was half that size.

He is nearly 10 years old, he wasn't bitten by anything so we don't think it's something like that.

We haven't taken him to a vet yet as we would like your opinions first.

Thank you so much in advance, I am really worried!!!

Edit: Not sure why the above isn't working. Please click below link to get the image.

https://imgur.com/a/Mavct

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
We aren't vets so we cant diagnose your dog. You should take your dog to the vets, especially since it has doubled in size and has recently appeared on your dog, so they can tell what kind of lump it is, or if its something else.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
You really need a Vet to check it out, we can only guess, which can be dangerous. I know how distressing finding a lump is, though. I discovered a lump on Samantha, probably two or three months ago, rushed her to the Vet, terrorized as to what he might think it was. He quietly smiled when he looked at it, and said, that's from the vaccination we gave her five days ago. Of course he was right, and in a few days it disappeared, but my wife and I both lost a nights sleep over it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
As everyone else said, I would take her to the vet.

However, if it eases your worries, sometimes dogs just develop harmless lumps. Especially older dogs. Sometimes they grow, sometimes they stay the same size. My dog had one a few months ago, vet just took it off and its like it was never there.

But I really can't say what this particular lump is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts