Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She threw up a couple hours after eating it (last night) and it was full of inch to two inch sized chunks of rawhide, and she has been extremely subdued from her usual energetic self all day today. She hasn't eaten or drunk anything but treats (when training this morning) and an ice cube I gave her. She doesn't seem sensitive around her belly or throat, but was asking for cuddles more this morning than usual. She liked the hard scritching on her throat, back, and belly as usual.
Should I be concerned about a continued issue from this or do you could she just not feeling well from throwing up last night? How soon should I decide she needs a vet's help? I've never had a dog have issues with rawhide before, so I'm not really sure how to handle this.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Rawhide's not great, for the reasons you've found. It can also cause blockages.

For that reason, I'd at least see if you can call a vet and get their advice. It may be that she can wait until tomorrow, but I'd want a vet to give you the say so - you wouldn't want something to turn serious.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that about rawhide, but my dad gave her some of his dog's leftovers. I was putting off calling until my fiance got home, but since posting she got very excited and playful by some children outside and came in and ate her food (though still has not drunk water). She's been chewing on a bone too. I'm a little less worried but I'm planning on keeping an eye on her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts