Dog Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Figured I'd give a quick update in case anyone is following. Oreo can walk short distances on her own now. She usually needs help getting up, but she can sometimes go about 20 feet or so on her own. I'm very, very happy and optimistic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Another update. Oreo is now getting around very well, considering the circumstances. She still usually needs help getting up, but she can walk around the yard by herself for a full minute or better. And only after being a little more than 2 weeks removed from having the stroke. I hope at the very least that this post may help someone in a similar situation from losing faith.

·
Registered
851 Posts
So happy to hear the great news about Oreo!

Just saw this entire thread today for the first time, so I am so very happy to hear your Oreo is doing so well! That is fantastic news. I am sure you are elated.

Boy, what great doggie parents you are! I am betting your dog is recovering so quickly because you guys are so loving and supportive!!!

Thank you for sharing your story about Oreo and her stroke and her recovery. Please keep updating us with her progress!

Sending Oreo hugs and "virtual" biscuits to continue healing!!!:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Another quick update...Oreo walks around and stands very well. She can go for a good 10 minutes or better. She walks a but sideways sometimes, but other than that you would have a hard time guessing she had a stroke. She still has a bit of trouble getting up by herself most of the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dog. I know you want your dog to live longer. So, there is this cool and amazing information on what foods not to feed your dog so they can live longer. It's really amazing information. https://bit.ly/2OUoYir

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dog has had one as well the best advice I can give u is to show her you are there my dog is fine now and is happy as ever (she just had another episode 2 days ago but she is fine now) the first time it happened the recovery took a little longer, if you dog is highly food motivated I would suggest getting her to walk by bribing her with her favorite foods, it worked for my dog. It's scary I know but you and your dog are going to be just fine most dogs recover 100% massaging her limb where she is having a bit of weakness would also help.
Sending my prayers for you and your pup

21 - 28 of 28 Posts