Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a three year old doberman male. He has been growling at my husband. He hasn't bitten yet but we are afaird he will. Of course my husband gets really upset when Harley growls at him. It is causing problems in our marriage b/c I take up for Harley. I honestly think it is b/c Harley doesn't trust my husband. He has never fed him, walked him, trained with him. Occasionally he will want to ruff house with him outside. I have tried to explain that Harley sees him as a member of the pack and not a pack leader. I have no problem with him listening to my commands.

Sometimes Harley will growl b/c my husband will try to get him to leave the bedroom in the mornings. He doesn't like the dog in the bed. When he leaves Harley will jump in the bed with me while I'm sleeping. He has to get a leash for him to listen. If he tries to take him by the collar Harley will growl. Is there something that we can do to help with this. I also honestly feel that Harley is not being aggressive, I think if it was aggression he would have already bitten him. I think he just warning him to back off. What should we do? I would like to hear from someone that can help me instead of question my ability to own a dog. My husband says that if Harley bits I will have to get rid of him and that is the last thing I want to do. :dog-cry:
I am willing to try anything to keep that from happening. Thanks in advance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.