Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was getting ready, my dog got onto my kitchen counter and ate a slice of carrot cake I had laying there. It had pecans and I have read that pecans are toxic for dogs. What should I do? It wasn't a huge slice, but I am still worried.

·
Registered
93 Posts
How is your dog doing now?

Did you ring the emergency vet? Many locations have 24 hour emergency vets.

Also look on the internet on what you should do.

I searched this for you.

‘’If your dog has gotten into your stash of pecans, look out for vomiting and diarrhea. In some cases, this will be the worst of it. After a few hours, he should be back to himself. However, in more serious cases, the vomiting and diarrhea will be intense, and you'll need to get your dog to a vet.’’

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is your dog doing now?

Did you ring the emergency vet? Many locations have 24 hour emergency vets.

Also look on the internet on what you should do.

I searched this for you.

‘’If your dog has gotten into your stash of pecans, look out for vomiting and diarrhea. In some cases, this will be the worst of it. After a few hours, he should be back to himself. However, in more serious cases, the vomiting and diarrhea will be intense, and you'll need to get your dog to a vet.’’

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I live in a very small town and we sadly don’t have any 24 hour emergency vets. However, it has been about two hours and so far my dog has shown no signs of vomiting, diarrhea, or discomfort.

·
Super Moderator
7,170 Posts
Did your cake contain raisins or sultanas? These are far more dangerous and your dog won't immediately show the symptoms of the kidney damage they cause.

If your cake did, this should be treated as a medical emergency and you need to get the dog to a vet immediately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.