Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this gash on my poor pup Saturday night on the top of the inside of his right elbow. He only could have gotten this at doggy daycare Friday.

I took him to the dog park Friday night after picking him up at daycare as I always have to do since he won't poop there (it's inside) but he didn't play with any other dogs or do anything that could have caused this. In fact there was an Airedale terrier trying to play with him that he kept growling and snapping at and was very uncharacteristically grumpy towards which I wondered what his problem was since he's played with that dog before and never had a problem.

He didn't want to eat Friday night. Yesterday I've been working so much I literally slept all day so he was home with me and my cats. No way would my little cats cause that mark. He always sleeps on my bed or at least in my room with me but spent the whole day on the futon in the other room, makes me think he was hurting.
We went to the dog park yesterday and he only played a tiny bit of fetch with me, wouldn't play at all with any dogs so probably sore.
I'm just mad the daycare didn't tell me about it and what happened. They always say how awesome and perfect he is there and how he never gets into fights with any other dogs.
If they'd told me about it Friday night when I was completely exhausted I could have taken him to the low cost vet yesterday. They're closed today and I'm not spending $80 for an exam from the regular ripoff vet.
Now I happen to have Wednesday off but can't bring him to the cheap place before then.
I just feel like if something happens and a dog gets hurt at daycare they should medically treat it free of charge and inform the owner.

Poop pup!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
You don't really need to go to a vet for this, it seems pretty superficial to me. I'd put some medicine on it just to avoid an infection and that's all.
Also, it doesn't look like a wound made by another dog while fighting, to me it looks more as if he had been hurt with a sharp object.

If he has done this while staying in the doggy care, yes, they should have treated it and told you. If they didn't, probably it's because they didn't even noticed it.
I would go talk to them, and say what you've already told us: is impossible for him to have done this while staying with you. They have to watch the dogs better.

- gattymu

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called them and they apologized for not noticing it. They said as usual he was playing with a lot of different dogs all day and he likes to play pretty rough, which I know. He loves to wrestle and is not interested in running and chasing much. They said he hadn't gotten into any fights or skirmishes or anything unusual.

Since it's high on the inside of his front leg I'm still thinking it's from wrestling since he likes to rear up and use his front paws when wrestling and playing so it would be easy for another dogs nail to have accidentally gotten him. I can't think of another situation where he'd randomly brush the upper inside of his leg against a sharp object. And I hope they don't have sharp objects there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts