Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sharing purpose, here is the recipe:

Daily Food
Method: Mix all the ingredients below and slow bake in oven.
I make this in a batch and freeze it for 1 week supply.
Total time spent: 2 Hours on every Sunday
1. Meat - Chicken / Lamb / Beef. (I usually mince the meat with food processor)
2. Fish - Occasionally, Fresh Sardines, bones removed
3. Organs - Chicken Liver, chicken gizzards
4. Hard Boiled Eggs
5. Pumpkin including seeds Pumpkin for dogs
6. Green Beans / Long Beans
7. Green Vege - Bak Choy / Green Mustard- blended in food processor.
8. Cooked white rice
9. Egg Shells Powder for Calcium
10. Tumeric Powder -
11. Olive Oil

Additional Natural Food: Apple, Watermelon, Plain Yogurt.
Occasional bone broth from chicken feet.
Supplements: 1 capsule of 1000mg Fish Oil per day. I take the same fish oil too. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is a good recipe packed with great sources of vitamins and nutrients for dogs! Liver helps in the growth of their fur. My neighbor used to have an issue with their dog's semi-baldness. After feeding her with liver for weeks, her fur's been improving a lot. I would love to try out this recipe of yours :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a good recipe packed with great sources of vitamins and nutrients for dogs! Liver helps in the growth of their fur. My neighbor used to have an issue with their dog's semi-baldness. After feeding her with liver for weeks, her fur's been improving a lot. I would love to try out this recipe of yours

Hi, yeah you can try it. I have been feeding this for half a year and my dog is doing very well. His coat is shiny and he is very active. I am very happy with how he is now.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Sounds good ! Have you ever tried not baking it ? It looks like a good raw recipe as well plus you wouldn't have to debone the fish.

When I saw your screen name " kobedog" and subject title, I first thought maybe you are treating your dog to Kobe beef :)

One thought, I noticed you are supplementing with fish oil and you might want to research the addition of vitamin E because of the fish oil supplement possibly depleting the dog's vitamin E supply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good ! Have you ever tried not baking it ? It looks like a good raw recipe as well plus you wouldn't have to debone the fish.

When I saw your screen name " kobedog" and subject title, I first thought maybe you are treating your dog to Kobe beef

One thought, I noticed you are supplementing with fish oil and you might want to research the addition of vitamin E because of the fish oil supplement possibly depleting the dog's vitamin E supply.

Hi Drivedog,
We name our dog as Kobe, inspired from the place Kobe in Japan and also our love for Kobe beef.
I have not tried this recipe on RAW. There was once I fed raw chicken feet to Kobe and he vomited it out after an hour. Since then, I did not feed any raw meat to him.
Can your dog eat raw meat and eggs?

Thanks for the input on Vitamin E. I have read about it but yet to add this into his diet. Will consider this for the next batch of food.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Hi Drivedog,

Can your dog eat raw meat and eggs?

Yes, to both. I chose to feed my current dog a raw diet from a young age. I was a bit leery at first due to the fact I wanted to make certain her diet was properly balanced therefore I spent a fair amount of time researching the proper components as a raw diet or home cooked meal is certainly more than just winging it. It's easy enough but important that proper percentages and components are included if one chooses something other than commercially produced dog food.

Ahhhhhh, Kobe beef !! Doesn't get much better than that. Most all Wagyu beef is delicious but the Tajima-Gyu is the real deal and as you know not cheap but a real treat and luxury. Special occasion meal for me.

Oh, what a nice name for your dog and fits my preference for a dog's call name. Two syllables, starts hard and finishes soft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts