Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I have a small boomer of 2.5 years, named Bella. I got her about two months ago and she's never eaten properly. Lately, she is barely eating anything anymore. We changed food because my vet said she might be allergic. She now gets Royal Canin Hypoallergenic. At first, she really liked it and ate the amount she was supposed to eat (according to the packaging). Now, a couple of weeks later, she eats about 1/4 of the amount she is supposed to eat a day. She isn't losing any weight, but she is a lot more tired and i'm quite worried about her.

Does anybody know what to do? Should I change food again, or is there a way to get her to eat?

Thank you in advance!

Lily
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
There are things you can do like letting the food sit in warm water for 10 minutes to release the aroma, or adding a little wet food to coat the kibble but you would need to be sure that wouldn't trigger her allergies. Do you know what she is allergic to?

Not wanting to eat isn't something that usually would make me think she was allergic though - were there other symptoms?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what she's allergic to. She licked and chewed her paws a lot and she is constantly itching, which is why the vet said I needed to try hypoallergenic food. The licking and chewing has lessened, but now she eats very little. I could try sitting it in warm water. Thank you for your reply!
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top