Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
jessie, my 3 years old female dog has a problem.
she had infection around her anus and after 5 days medication (with Cephalexin) she got better. but during of her sickness she bit her tail and it went so bad. I took her to vet and he decided to amputate her tail.
after surgery she used penicillin 1+1 and vetalgin(analgesic) for 3 days.
yesterday I found out she did not urinate for about 20 hours. she also didn't eat her food and I put small part of food in her mouth by force.
I take her to wood because she likes to pee on the wood and mark all trees,..... hopefully she urinate so much in the wood after one unsuccessful attempt.
today she didn't urinate or poop until now!
she does not drink water and I use a dropper to feed her with milk+multivitamin!!
I took her to the wood but she didn't urinate!
I think she is in pain.
I called her vet but today is weekend in my country and he said give her 5cc castor oil.
I'm so fearful about her health.
how can I help her?
Is it a good idea to use vetalgin(analgesic)?

help me please !!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yesterday her urine smelled so bad !
She had UTI last year that treated using Cephalexin
Do you think she has urinary tract infection again?

UPDATE: She vomited one hour after eating castor oil. then she drank some water.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I think you need to get her to a Vet, soon, if not yours, another one, perhaps an emergency 24 hour clinic.

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
I agree with Laco, there's something else going on. If her urine is dark, and she's not drinking, then dehydration is the result. An IV would get her hydrated again at least.

I fail to see why the vet would suggest a purgative in this situation?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is OK right now.
I took her to the Vet and Doc said she has UTI.
after 4 days of treatment (Gentamicin+Furosemide+Dexamethasone) she is OK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts