Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

i have a 4 year old corgi who is constantly itching everywhere on her body. I have never spotted a flea or any other bug on her. I have a feeling shes allergic to a specific plant or tree near me because she NEVER had this issue in any of the other places I've lived.

We have given her baths with many different shampoos, given her Benadryl everyday but it doesn't seem to do anything; doctors prescribed Prednisolone which seemed to help but the side affects she was showing was something we didn't like so we took her off it.

Does anyone have any advice or medicine that i haven't tried yet?

·
Registered
83 Posts
she might have an allergy to the food she is eating..it sounds like an allergic reaction to something, if it were in only 1 spot Id see if there was something in that area that is bothering her but since its the whole body sounds like an allergy..the steroids only help with the inflammation and thats it doesnt solve anything

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ask your vet about cytopoint; it was extremely helpful for my dog who struggled with environmental skin allergies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Ours tends to have dry itchy skin. She gets a lot of relief from an omega 3 supplement I add to her morning meal, daily.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Your vet might be able to suggest an elimination diet to rule out food intolerances. Also fish oil might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts