Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't take him out for a walk anymore because of this, it started about 4 weeks ago. I'm thinking to use a muzzle but I really dont know yet.

What can I do instead of buying a E-shock or a muzzle?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
More details please.

Do you mean that you go out on a walk and when you come home he bites you? What does he do before and when he bites you? What is his body language like?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I turn around and start walking home or after playing in the backyard He'll start biting. For body language he doesn't show and signs that he'll attack

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
But is it an attack or is it a playful bite? Is he angry, scared, playful? Does he growl or bark? Tail wagging or held high?

How old is the dog? What breed? What's his history?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
How hard are the bites? Are we talking "I would draw blood from you if I could", scary bites, or play-biting bites?

How old is your dog and for how long has the behavior been going on? Is there anything specific that triggers it, like grabbing for his collar?

For starters, leave a harness and a drag line on your dog when he is roaming free outside. Just cut the handle off an old leash (so it won't get caught on anything) and leave it clipped on him, so that you can control him without having to get close to him.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How hard are the bites?: He CAN draw blood if he wanted to but for now it just leave some bumps on my skin

He is 10 months old and its been going on for 1 month
Nothing specific

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use the clicker method and for training I did went to Petsmart's classes (bad idea they did nothing really) and in a few day I'll be going to a more "advanced" training

·
Registered
139 Posts
You mentioned a cage in your thread title , does he mind going in it ?
do you think he could be trying to avoid going back into your home for some reason?
What breed is he?

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
Hi AFluffyDog,

Could I suggest that you write one much longer, more detailed post describing what is happening with your dog? We really need many more details to understand your dog's behavior. All of these extremely short posts give very few clues, and I think that's why no one has yet suggested any remedies. Give us a thorough description of 150 words or so, and maybe then we can advise you. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.