Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a owner of a 8 month old Chow. I was playing with him and he started to bite my feet and my shoes after a month or so he started to jump on me and bite my shirt or even my arms. I really don't know what to do. I've checked some ways online but no luck there.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If he starts to bite you, say "NO" and stop playing w him immediately and remove yourself from the situation completely, just leave him alone. Don't start playing w him again til he's calm. You will have to repeat this many times, but he should get the idea that biting = no more fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you're not having luck with the things you've tried or the resources you've found online, an in-person meeting with a dog trainer is a great option. There's a thread in the "training and behavior stickies" forum up above with advice to help you choose a trainer, or looking through your local listings to see if there are any CPDT-KA (certified professional dog trainers -- knowledge assessed) is a reasonable place to start too. There is also a thread about mouthing/nipping up there with some great resources.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.