Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry in advance for the language, english is not my first language.

my dog barks very much and loud when swimming, it looks like he is stressing out and not really enjoying the swim, but he is absoulutely not afraid to go in the water. he jumps directly in, and when i take him out of the water he wants to go directly back in. he also bites the water all the time and is very very hyperactive in the water. ive tried to have him with and without leash, alone and with me in the water, there is no difference.

does anybody knows if the dog is having a good time or not? and any ideas for making him more calm in the water?

its a border collie/labrador mix

·
Registered
439 Posts
sorry in advance for the language, english is not my first language.

my dog barks very much and loud when swimming, it looks like he is stressing out and not really enjoying the swim, but he is absoulutely not afraid to go in the water. he jumps directly in, and when i take him out of the water he wants to go directly back in. he also bites the water all the time and is very very hyperactive in the water. ive tried to have him with and without leash, alone and with me in the water, there is no difference.

does anybody knows if the dog is having a good time or not? and any ideas for making him more calm in the water?

its a border collie/labrador mix
That just sounds like playing to me! My dog Bandit is also loud when he plays, but it's not a sign of discomfort or aggression, he just likes to bark and howl. As long as your dog isn't acting nervous about the water I really wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Some dogs bark a lot from excitement when they're having fun. If I allowed it my dog Stella would bark during entire games of frisbee. My dog Barney also used to bark at water when he played with the hose. If your dog is going in the water willingly, then it sounds like he's just really noisy when he has fun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all - my dog does the same thing in the water that tdogg mentioned. While we don’t mind it, our neighbors are very annoyed. Does anyone know how to train him to be less excited or hyperactive in the water??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts