Dog Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jax never really chews on things that he is not supposed to, but while I was at work tonight, my dad fell asleep, and Jax decided my flip flops would make a good snack. He chewed mostly on the part that goes over your foot and between your toes. The real problem here is that not all of the plastic missing was accounted for. I think he ate some of it. It has been a couple of hours since he ate them, and he isn't acting sick. Do you think it will pass and be just fine? I would hate for him to be sick!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
My dog ate an entire 6 foot nylon leash one night while I was sleeping except for the metal clip. I woke up and found her playing with the metal clip and a tiny bit of the leash. I took her to the vet and after an xray he told me to feed her a high fiber diet, boiled brown rice, chicken, canned pumpkin (the plain not the pie filling with the suger,spices etc), and a little bit of wheat bread and to collect and monitor her poop over the next 48 hours unless she was having distress and then to call him ASAP. She slowly started to pass leash filled poop pretty quickly and I soaked it in water per my vet's instructions removing the parts. (the things we do for our dogs right?) I took her in on Weds (she ate it Sun night early morning)with a bag full of leash bits. He somewhat pieced together close to the 6 foot length and said to keep giving her pumpkin with her regular kibble. Thankfully she chewed and ripped the pieces instead of swallowing large chunks.

·
Premium Member
10,779 Posts
If he doesn't pass them some time tomorrow morning, or if he starts acting sick, take him in to the vet.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My dog always does this if flip flops are left out unattended.. no matter how many times I try to teach her that its wrong, and she wont go after any other shoe .. just my flip flops.. she has done this so many times and I've never had a problem with it.. I'm sure she will be fine.. just watch her closely for a while

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.