Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, I caught my 7-pound, 7-year-old Maltese eating a clothespin. I didn't notice anything unusual in her feces at all, and she was acting completely normal, so I think she's fine. She only ate a small portion of the clothespin, does it usually pass through the intestines without issues?

I don't think this is connected to the clothespin incident, but for the past few months she has seemed a little lethargic. She'll still run and play about 15 minutes a day. Is it just because she's 7 years old or could there be an underlying problem?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Call your vet's office. There are some really good people here, but you need to ask your vet about possibly serious medical issues.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
What is clothespin? Im not familiar.

Lethargic pets need a vet visit, it could be anything, and is best not to wait it out.
@MrsCunningham............
What do you call them in Australia?

Hmmmm 15 mins a day? That is not very active at all , although it just might be that she is calming down as she gets older. I do think a good exam by the Vet and perhaps a thyroid test if he thinks that may be the cause for her lethargy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Op: I'd be keen on a vet visit just to make sure everything is okay.

Aussies, making words shorter since the arvo of 1788.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everybody: Yay! She's okay! It turns out she's just getting a little more sleepy because of old age. But whatever pieces of the clothespin (or peg, as some seem to call them) got into her system passed through her system!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts