Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog whole plum an hour ago, I was wondering if he could get poisoned from the pit and if I should induce vomiting or take him to the vet.

Some information on him:
- Age: Three years
- Sex/Neuter status: Male, neutered
- Breed: Borador (lab/border collie mix)
- Body weight: Around 80 lbs
- History: No significant medical history
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Is there an emergency vet near that you can call? (have you yet)

I did a quick google and there is a risk of intestinal blockage and a smaller risk of poisoning from the pit.

I would not induce vomiting. The vet might, but there is a risk of blocking the esophagus.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top