Dog Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you for your support.

Right now it's 7:10 am, the vet opens the same time as my exam, 10 am. I'm actually boiling rice and going to cover it with yoghurt and see if that helps. I'll be going to class and have someone dogsit him til I'm back and if there's no progress I'm taking him right away.

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Can the person who's dog sitting take him in? He really sounds like he has a blockage that could be causing more issues and pain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey guys,

I took him to three vets who said they couldn't help. Then I took him to a vet about an hour and a half away, which was brilliant. They immediately gave him an xray, told me they'd like to do an ultra sound, I obviously said go ahead.

After doing both they found that he has blockage caused by the bones, and his tract and stuffed with hard stool. They drained it out and guess what, SIX small bones fell out. He was sedated during the entire process thankfully.

After draining what I think was most of it, they gave him an injection to wake him up, I greeted him, the first thing he did was try to bite off his IV line lol.

Anyway, he's sleeping at the hospital, and I'll be back to check on him in the morning, if all goes well I'll be able to take him home.

I'll update you guys with what happens, and again thank you for the support, it really helped me keep calm throughout this ordeal.

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Oh man so glad you found a vet that would help him, sounds like the ordeal likely would have killed him. Poor guy.

Note to self, keep this guy away from bones!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm so glad your dog is okay! I'm sorry you guys went through all that.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
oh poor dog , thank goodness you are such a great caring owner or he would be really really be in bad health and suffering. when does he come home?

Reactions: Rain

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Glad he's doing better! Lucky dog to have such a great owner.

Once the dust has settled, I would give the original vet a call to let him know what happened. There is no reason he should have missed those symptoms.

Reactions: jclark343

·
Registered
813 Posts
So glad the vet sorted him out. But how are things now? Is he back to normal? Are you ok? How did your exam go? Could you concentrate or was your mind on your little lad?

Would be nice to have a feedback. On the day you first posted I stayed up till 2am checking and hoping for good news.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
excellent :) happy things turned out well. I understand your frustration with the vets it must have been so stressful, that first vet should have referred you to someone that could have done an x-ray.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts