Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes its true!

my best childhood friend, "JAKE" cam to me last night,

i got him when i was only 11 years old, and 5 years latrer when i moved out of home i had to give him up, as i could not take him flatting with me :(

i never saw him again, but often thought about him, he was a big gentle black bull terrier blue merle cross.

i found a photo online that he looked very much like him, so i will add it, he had an amazing black coat, with white feet, white chest and what tips on his ears and tail.

Anyway in my dream i was walking down a path in a park, and then i seen this dog standing there, i stopped and looked and it was "JAKE" but his coat was old and had speckled grey hairs like my hair :)...

i said "jake" here boy" and he ran and jumped up into my arms and started whimpering with happiness and excitement.

then i woke up CRYING! and i have alump in my throat telling you all this now :(

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
This happens to me from time to time with pets who have passed away.

I told someone about having a dream like this once and she said, "Oh, she visited you last night!" and I've always really loved that take on it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Netta the Tervueren had been put to sleep a little before I had a vivid dream about her.

Netta was my family's dog who arrived into our lives little before I turned 11. My interest in dogs and dog sports increased when I was like 13 and I started treating her like she was mine until I moved out to study and she stayed with my parents because after all she was the family's dog, not mine alone. This explains why she was so dear to me and why I was so sad when it was her time to go when she was 12 years old.

In the dream I was at my parents' house (they bought it after I had left the nest) helping my mom and her colleague to load some plants into the colleague's car. The colleague had bought those plants from my mom. My dad was probably on the scene too.

Then I saw something approaching the house along the road. Oh, a lost dog, we should probably catch it, I thought when I recognized the trotting shape as a dog. It got closer and I got a better look on it. At that point it passed our post box and entered the yard. I saw the very familiar features of the dog we had put to sleep a week or two earlier.

I started yelling in shock and disbelief. "You're dead, you're dead! You should not be here! I don't believe this! You're dead! Dead!"

Then I woke up. And regretted. Instead of being happy and welcoming her back when she stood there all healthy and well I had not believed in her. My last words to her in the dream were something like 'you're dead' or 'go back to the dead'. It made me feel bad. I should have hugged her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts