Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad (stupidly) was going to scare my bro with the air horn.I took both cats and my dog who is scared of loud noises out in the back,away from the freaking door.I let Sally back in and my dad freaking blew the air horn right near her.She is pacing,whimpering and following us around.Shes breathing quickly and her tail is tucked between her back legs which are very shaky.I'm upset too,because I have anxiety triggered by loud noise.

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum,i didn't know what to put it in)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
How scary for both you & Sally :( I think maybe the best thing to do right now is for both of you to go & relax somewhere quiet (is Sally allowed in your room?) let Sally curl up & sleep while you quietly read a book or listen to some music. When you feel able to, maybe you could talk to your Dad & explain how it upset you, but it's important to stay calm when doing this, no shouting or crying. I'm sorry this has happened, grown ups can be silly & annoying sometimes. You work so hard to make Sally happy, just keep doing your best for her, one day you'll be a grown up & you will know exactly what not to do when around animals. As I've said before, you are going to be an awesome pet owner :huddle:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts