Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Chewy site and ordered dog food and cat food, and arranged to have it sent every month. I think it is a great idea, one less thing to worry about, and they give 5% off some foods if you have it sent that way.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I went to the Chewy site and ordered dog food and cat food, and arranged to have it sent every month. I think it is a great idea, one less thing to worry about, and they give 5% off some foods if you have it sent that way.

I love that company but try and stay away unless Zody needs food. If I don't I spend way, way, to much money :p They beat the pet shop prices around here by more then a few dollars on most things

·
Registered
189 Posts
I haven't used Chewy yet, but may try it sometime. I've been buying on Amazon, which can be quite a bit cost saving compared to stores also.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a bad experience with Amazon, I bought a crate there which was eligible for Prime. They made an error sending it, it took a week instead of a couple days. Everyone makes mistakes, I guess. But then the customer service people lied about the reason for the error, saying it was too large for Prime shipping, even though it was marked as a Prime item.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Amazon customer service was really, really good for awhile, but it has been deteriorating.

Chewy, on the other hand, is FANTASTIC! They take returns without a murmur, and twice now when I've written them about a bad reaction from my dogs to a food I bought from them, they have refunded my money and asked me to just donate it rather than send it back. And we're talking LARGE amounts of food here, like a case once and a large bag in another. They are friendly and prompt. Great company.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Amazon customer service was really, really good for awhile, but it has been deteriorating.

Chewy, on the other hand, is FANTASTIC! They take returns without a murmur, and twice now when I've written them about a bad reaction from my dogs to a food I bought from them, they have refunded my money and asked me to just donate it rather than send it back. And we're talking LARGE amounts of food here, like a case once and a large bag in another. They are friendly and prompt. Great company.
I once called them to tell them they had mistakenly sent me two collars when I ordered and paid for 1. They told me to just keep it, that they didn't need me to send it back.:D

Reactions: CadenceDiscordia

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I feed Merlin Merrick Lamb, brown rice, and green apple, but Merrick seems to have changed its dog food, so most of the stores around here no longer carry the food Merlin eats. Thankfully, I can get it on Chewy while I try to figure out what food to switch him too.

·
Registered
167 Posts
These are old posts. I assume that people know by now that Chewy was bought out by Petsmart, in one of the largest interest buyout--multiple billions--of all? Chewy's prices are already starting to go up, although they swear not, and I wouldn't give my money to Petsmart for many reasons. I've used Petflow, which seems marginally better, and now show with a local "Pet Emporium" here in NC, a walk-in store that is locally owned. We feed Fromm, and they carry it, and their prices are at least competitive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts