Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Especially his ears but they aren't dark or oozing so I don't think they're infected. He just bites and scratches all over.

I am feeding him Natures Recipe Pumpkin, sweet potato and yam dry food. It's no grains. No human food.

Would adding salmon oil to his food help or maybe NaturVet Brewer's Yeast Formula with Omegas?

Thanks,

Julie & Sammy

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Talk to you Vet about some anti-itch medication. Ours is a poodle/bischon mix, and these breeds tend to have dry itchy skin. We give ours an omega 3 supplement daily in her food, which does help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talk to you Vet about some anti-itch medication. Ours is a poodle/bischon mix, and these breeds tend to have dry itchy skin. We give ours an omega 3 supplement daily in her food, which does help.
Thanks Laco. I meant to say the food we're feeding him is Natures Recipe with Salmon. I do have some Salmon oil I can squirt on his food. We used it on our other Bichon before he passed. We also have some leftover tabs, https://www.chewy.com/naturvet-brewers-yeast-formula/dp/45323?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=NaturVet&utm_term=&show-search=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA0ajgBRA4EiwA9gFOR-bmX8UalDazrlgnyW1SPYDholyvL6KcIuHfgcBKKke7Km4BXJ9XExoCQ6oQAvD_BwE
Is this supplement ok?

·
Registered
745 Posts
My dogs responding well to a few drops of apple cider vinegar in her ear every few days & lucas paupaw ointment put in her ear each night. No itching for 24 hrs- am hoping it will eventually stop completely. My vet said its from environmental allergies like wandering dew weed. Its also allergy season here atmo. Wheat & wheat made products- flour is also known as a possible cause. But its made no difference removing it from my dogs diet. She only has a minimal amount anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts