Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purebred registered German shorthaired pointer He is gonna be 8 months in a couple days. I was wondering how big he was gonna get. He was neautard today and the vet weighed him at 52 pounds. Does anybody have any thoughts they could share with me, On what I should maybe expect his size to be when full grown. I know all dogs are different, but I'm really curious on how big he'll get.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
The easiest way to get a real feel would be to look at his parents, how big were they? In general medium-large dogs usually finish growing between 12-15 months. I think male GSPs usually average between 60 and 70 pounds.
My Aussie was pretty much done growing at 10 months, and is now 52 pounds. My BC hasn't really grown taller in probably a month or so, and she is now 10 months and 40 pounds.

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I agree with Shandula, looking at the parents is a good starting point. He may get to 60/70 or he may only gain a few more pounds.
I always find it funy how wait can be so indipendent. My male aussie currently 48 with his ideal at 46/45 which is what is usually in the ramge for female aussies. My mini am shepherd is in her weight range but since there's a good amount of size varietion in the breed its kind of a big range.

He looks like he's in awsome shape :), I love gsp's especially ones with lots of ticking. Good luck with him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts