1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
She'll go 2-4 days of very solid poops and then diarrhea for 1 or 2 days
2 days of solid poops and then diarrhea again
No other symptoms and she seems to be doing great

What could cause this? I took her to the vet and the vet said she was super healthy. Should I try to feed her more in morning and afternoon and cut off dinner at 5? Why would she only have diarrhea at night time? What's weird is that 2 days ago for example, she had diarrhea for like 3 hours. She had loose stool at 11 pm and then she pooped in her cage at 3 am. I woke her up and took her outside and she didn't go at all at 6 am. Then she didn't poop all day until like 7 pm and it was solid. I wake up and I see there's diarrhea in her cage. This is never a problem during the day. It always happens between 11 pm and like 7 am or 11 pm to 3 am.

What would cause this on and off thing? Everytime this happens, I'm skipping breakfast. Should I just keep feeding her normal cycle?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Again? youve had tummy problems with this dog before and as I remember you were trying to feed her up to be huge or something similar..
Loose stool can be a bug or parasite..Or...
Too much food
too rich food
feeding too late.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Again? youve had tummy problems with this dog before and as I remember you were trying to feed her up to be huge or something similar..
Loose stool can be a bug or parasite..Or...
Too much food
too rich food
feeding too late.
She had diarrhea for like a week straight at one point then she was totally fine for a while

Now she gets it every 3 or 4 days. Could a bug cause that kind of intermittent diarrhea?

Every time this happens, I skip breakfast. Should I keep her on normal food cycle regardless?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts