Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got our puppy about a week ago and we've only noticed now that our puppy had 4 ticks, we do not know how long the tick has been there. Although the ticks have been removed properly, I'm still worried what might happen to our puppy for I am very anxious about her health since this is my first time adopting a pet.

She's been acting the same, active and happy, and she's been eating her dog food although sometimes she doesn't finish it up completely. But I just want to know if the ticks have done anything wrong to her.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
@Paul I wouldn't panic too much if she's not displaying any illness but I would touch base with my vet and make sure to check your pup over for ticks daily.

There are many tick species, some that carry illnesses or venom that effect dog some that don't.

Why not give your vet a call? They can tell you if the ticks in your area are something to worry about or not. I'd also ask about preventative tick medication at your next vaccination visit since they seem to be common in your area.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Contact your vet and watch your puppy for signs of illness! Lyme disease can come from ticks so it's good to just speak with your vet about it just in case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts