Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I have two male chihuahuas. They are always together. But tonight i was in the living room and heard a loud noise. Like something was wrong.

I went into the room and the dogs were "tied" like a female and male dog do!! I checked to see if was true and in fact it was!

I waited a while, they "untied" and the mounted dog has been going potty all night long. No poop but more like saliva or something. idont know. Excuse my english.

I have never seen this and now i am worried. :(

·
Registered
101 Posts
Now that I have slept and not so floored by this post I will reply...
First, in over 35 years of owning, breeding, rescuing, training, working with dogs of every size & breed, assisting at vet clinics and volunteering at shelters I have never heard or seen this happen..So IMO it didn't.
Male and Female dogs both will mount others to show dominance it is not a breeding act. Neutered males are fully capable of mounting and completing the act of breeding with a female dog in heat although no puppies will be produced( This I have seen happen).
What I am getting at is IF there was penetration or tying..be expecting puppies in about 63 days because one of your dogs is female

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
............IF this really did happen I hope you realize how serious it is for the submissive dog in the situation...... You should be seeking vet advice not advice on a forum

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
HUH!! That is sooo strange. Since it's been suggested by others-I'll ditto-you should take them to a vet. None of us are experienced with this sort of thing and what if one was injured? I'd take them in for an exam. AND make a neuter appointment-unless you are a breeder-you should neuter them ;)

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too would be shocked if I didn't just witness this myself with two of my male unneutered dogs!!! I had to go online to see if others experienced this. I raise shih poo's and one of my males actually tied with another male!! The tie was about 15 min too and both dogs are fine from what I can tell right now. I will say I almost fell over when I saw them tied.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would find this hard to believe if I didn't just witness this act myself. I raise shihpoo's and I just found two males tied together!! I almost fell over...they had a tie of about 15min too....both dogs seem fine and even had smiles on their faces. Totally unbelievable to me but it did indeed happen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
She obviously isn't breeding her male dogs. Is it really that hard to believe that they may just be homosexual/bisexual? This behavior shows up in many kinds of animals, not just humans.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow! Well one probably was showing dominance over another, and then... you know.

This is very strange but I'm sure they'll be alright.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.