Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 17 year old Boston. She’s my world. For the past couple of weeks she’s been walking around in circles constantly. I believe it started with her alwsys pulling to her left on our walks. It’s not constant counter clockwise circles until she’s exhausted and goes to sleep. The vet said he thought it was a vestibular issue and seems to have ruled out an inner ear infection. I happen to work in healthcare for humans and am very familiar with vestibular disorders. The issue is she has no nystagmus that I can see, nor does she seem nauseous or dizzy. Her appetite is strong as is her thirst. She needs to pin herself to against a wall to eat in order to prevent herself from walking in circles... not sure what to do next. I’ve set an appointment to see a behaviorist. But in the meantime, I’m desperate. Please help if you can, or if you’ve had any similar expeiriences with something similar. I have video, but I don’t think I can post it. This is my first time to post on this forum. Thanks in advance. -Ed

·
Registered
252 Posts
https://thebark.com/content/idiopathic-or-old-dog-vestibular-disease

Circling in one direction is one symptom of vestibular disease.

my dog looked like she had a stroke. She had trouble standing and walking. She would tilt her head to the side.

There are other things that can cause these symptoms, though,

We did not have tests run, but waited to see if she got better. She i proved in a couple of weeks.

I hope it is not anything more serious.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts