Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Multiple dog owners - favoritism?

4K views 23 replies 24 participants last post by  Tasha7712 
I agree with what others have stated here, that the ability to love is a bottomless well, and I don't think there's any way to love 2 beings exactly the same way or even with the same intensity....but that doesn't mean you pulled love away from another to heap it upon a favorite.

For some reason I always seemed to end up dog pairs where one was quiet and laid back and the other....needed endless attention. On the surface it might appear I loved the more outgoing dog the most...but sometimes, it was the quiet one that pulled my heart strings.

Right now I have Jaya and HaHa. Jaya doesn't want touched, she's fearful of humans. HaHa...geesh...that dog should be bald given how many times he expects to be petted in one day...don't know how the hair hasn't just been rubbed right off him from being petted all the time.

I love them both though.

Jaya makes me feel pride along with the love I have for her. I know she has had to draw on a lot of courage to progress from a feral dog to one that over-came fears and she now even seems to be excited to see me, plus she will let me pet her from time to time without running away.

HaHa makes me laugh...many times through out the day, and he just adores people in general but I can see he has a special affection for me too. He's an easy dog to love.

Stormy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.