Dog Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i *might* be bringing a new family member into my house... (will post on that separately) bodie has been one of clover's closest friends for some time now, and there has been much debate as to what the heck he is! i have a few ideas, but before i share them, i'm curious what ya'll would guess... i only have a few pics at the moment:

for those who don't know, the handsome brindle beast is mr clover, he's about 100 lbs... bodie is the li'l guy next to him, i was told he's about 40lbs or so, but i'm not 100% on that.

so... any guesses? (i will always accept answers containing the words cute, handsome, stud muffin, heartthrob etc ;))

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
JRT/staffy??????

And to me a 40 lb dog is big...then I see him next to clover and you are right...that is a huge beast! LOL

Both cute dogs!

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
That head says terrier to me, he looks kinda long and low, like his legs might be a bit short for his body, is that a trick of the camera or how he really is? If so I'm going with the basset/terrier guess....otherwise...staffy maybe, or maybe one of the bulldog breeds, he looks pretty substantially built.

·
Registered
829 Posts
i see "pit" in that shoulder stance...lol i see "pit"in everything short haired and bluntly shouldered. :p

im sure bluntly shouldered is a totally correct conformation term lol but just in case...i mean the way his front legs are forward and sort of in line with a wider neck and chest and it looks blocky and muscular.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
His legs do look short, but could be the angle of the camera like ruth mentions. I'm awful at breed guessing, so I'll just say super mutt. :)

How exciting! Clover will have a buddy!

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
I agree with Pkelley's JRT/corgi

Reactions: fawkese1

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
lol, thanks for all the guesses everyone! i'm not sure what he is, but all of your guesses are right in line with what i'm thinking... i'd bet money that he's got some beagle in there... my other guess is JRT... and i think their might be some staffie/pit in there as well....

his legs are short... lol, i call them "stubby"... i don't believe that means he has to have a stubby legged breed in there though. and he is a sturdy guy!

when my friend adopted him, they had him listed as a pit/corgie, but i don't think that he has the right coat/build for it tbh... or behavior... i mean, no herding going on at all! pkelley, that JRT corgi is CUTE!!!!

omg, ditto on the ears!!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 17 of 17 Posts