Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so, my dog is about 8 months old. He's a big baby, he's a pitbull husky mix. His name is simba and I had him living with my in my apartment until he was about 5 months old. He had to go live with my mom because I had to go through some medical/personal issues. He's been living with my mom and her tiny little jack Russell for about 3 months now and Simba is coming to live with me again in my new apartment about 2 hrs away from my mom. Simba loves me and knows I'm his mom and does not leave my side every time I go home and see him and he gets depressed when I leave. I'm worried about moving him back with me though becauSe I'm afraid he will be sad :( please give me some advice! I want him to live with me and be happy and I've been looking forward to this for months. And my mom can no longer keep him. I'm ready for him, but I'm afraid he won't be. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
He'll be fine! It make take a week or two for him to adjust to living with only you again, but after that, to him, it'll be like he was never away.

Make sure to give him lots of exercise, and do fun things with him.

You can either put him on a new schedule for feeding, walks, potty breaks etc, or keep him on the one your mom had him on, but whichever one you want try to stick to it so that he knows what to expect. It'll help him to feel less stressed and anxious.

Other then that enjoy having him back!

Reactions: Sabina88
1 - 3 of 3 Posts