Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm new to the forum and have a question that I'm hoping someone has encountered before. My 11 month old Border Collie/Blue heeler mix gets car sick almost every time we are in the car for more than a half an hour or so. I'm going on a road trip with him this weekend and I was told that Ginger Root helps to settle the stomach. It works for humans and the lady and the health food store said it would be fine for dogs as well. On the bottle it says Adults take 4 capsules.....to me that sounds like too much for a puppy....does anyone have any suggestions or have you come across this issue and found another solution that works? How many would you give your puppy? HELP!!!

Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reading my message. I'm hoping it's just a puppy thing and he will grow out of it cause I travel quite a bit....puppy puke for 3 hours is not what I want to smell lol

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Hello All,
I'm new to the forum and have a question that I'm hoping someone has encountered before. My 11 month old Border Collie/Blue heeler mix gets car sick almost every time we are in the car for more than a half an hour or so. I'm going on a road trip with him this weekend and I was told that Ginger Root helps to settle the stomach. It works for humans and the lady and the health food store said it would be fine for dogs as well. On the bottle it says Adults take 4 capsules.....to me that sounds like too much for a puppy....does anyone have any suggestions or have you come across this issue and found another solution that works? How many would you give your puppy? HELP!!!

Thanks everyone!!
I knew a dog who did this everytime in the car. The vet suggested to them to either deal with it or don't feed him a couple hours prior to traveling. I would double check with your VET before giving any type of control meds. I think Dramamine is even ok but don't quote me on that LOL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm....thanks for the reply....I think I will just call my vet considering no one seems to have heard of Ginger Root for dogs....still open to suggestions from others as well!!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
hmmm....thanks for the reply....I think I will just call my vet considering no one seems to have heard of Ginger Root for dogs....still open to suggestions from others as well!!
Even if someone has used it I think your vet can give you the best advice, especially on the amount to give your dog. Or research it online if nobody else has used it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts