Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Fyo, our newly adopted dog. He came to us as a "pit mix" but we'd like to know what type of "pit" he is and if there's anything else in him as well.. He doesn't appear to us to be a full pit.. he's a little small for a male and his ears make me think he has a little bit of australian cattle dog.. but who knows.

Your thoughts?

(ive attached the files, I wasn't sure how else to show them)

Attachments

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
How tall? how much he wiegh? How old?

"pit bull" isn't a breed. The term refers to many breeds that share similar characteristics.... so technically, a mixed breed dog can still be a pit bull.

He's cute. BTW

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Oh my he is to die for! Gorgeous boy, although I'm partial to brindles anyway.

He looks like an American Pit Bull Terrier to me. A male of this breed should be 35-60lbs at maturity. Although he could possibly be mixed, if so not sure what. He could even be mostly Pit but have a little something else back there, its hard to say. All the pics are cute but don't really show his build. His ears look like pit ears to me so I'm not sure where you see cattle dog? His coat does look a little thicker then typical.

·
Registered
303 Posts
OMG he's cute! Maybe American Bull Dog mixed with something? Either way he is cute and very smoochable!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I love the color!! brindle is such a pretty marking!! not sure what kind of pitt he is, but a cross. but just still so cute!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts