Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bernie my 75lb Rott/Collie Mix is sensitive to any gear that makes him uncomfortable/squeezes/pinches, etc. I can see him become frustrated/annoyed with even a super gentle squeeze.

I recently bought Freedom Harnesses for both boys and they're okay. I find that it doesn't fit Archer super well and Bernie really doesn't like how it squeezes him when clipped to the back clip. I don't use the front clip with the Freedom on either because it pulls the whole harness forward and is fairly awkward.

I currently use the Freedom attached to the back clip on Archer and an Easy Walk on the front clip with Bernie simply because it is the one he is happiest/most comfortable in.

I'm considering a Web Master harness for both as it looks like it will suit my needs for both dogs.

Archer is lean and narrow with narrow shoulders and a deep chest while Bernie is stocky and broad with a huge chest but narrow shoulders. Awkward dogs!

Would love suggestions!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Maggie is built like archer and the webmaster fits her really well. It's very customizable.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Webmaster. It's adjustable in (5 I think) many points, so it's easy to customize the fit. Secure. Well made. Durable.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
If you decide to go with the Webmaster, I suggest creating an account with Baxter Boo for their email newsletters. I got Erik's Webmaster for 45% off with free shipping. When they offered the same deal again, Eva's size was sold out and I got an additional 10% off as a raincheck. And you never know when they'll do their random "everything is 50% off for the next hour" promotions.

I'm just waiting for another good sale to order a Webmaster for Gracie now. :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
For a no pull harness I really like the ones from lupine. The are just a girth with a strap that you clip to the dogs flat collar. Then there is a spot to clip the leash to. It tightens when they pull (or you could use corrections to tighten, but I don't). It's nice because you really only have to get the girth to fit. It also doesn't interfere with the shoulder.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'm pretty well decided on the Webmaster.

Thank you everyone!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 7 of 7 Posts