Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!! One of my siblings’s dogs had three accidental litters, the vets in their areas don’t fix dogs until 1 year of age.... But anyway, I have social anxiety, panic disorder, and Borderline personality disorder, and require a service dog. I’ve heard that poodles and yorkies are pretty good ones, but I was wondering if this particular mix of dogs would be a good fit? They are all very very small, but that’s the only concern. Thank you!

·
Registered
201 Posts
How did the dog have three accident litters? I mean one is still really bad and should not happen, but three?

What do you want from the service dog? Very much is due to individual but the rest is training. Are you going to train it yourself?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How had the dog three accident litters? I mean one is still really bad and should not happen, but three?

What do you want from the service dog? Very much is due to individual but the rest is training. Are you going to train it yourself?
Yes, I know the litter thing sounds really really bad, but every single puppy went to family members or they kept them. The ones they kept, couldn't get neutered or spayed until 1 year. It's not allowed at any of the vets in the area. But yes, I was going to train myself. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about temperament/behavior in Yorkie/Maltese/Poodle. This litter is the dog's third. I need pressure therapy, and like, being able to alert me when I'm gonna have an episode or faint. Both are big issues at the moment.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Why does it matter if the dog is fixed or not? As an owner it’s your responsibility to not let this happen. If your dog by accident mate with another dog you have failed in your responsibility as a dog owner. If this, not only happens one but two more times, something is extremely wrong with how you’re looking after your dog. The vet is absolutely right by not fixing dogs before they are one year old. Anyhow, I don’t on earth know how that has anything with this to do.

What you want from a dog, being able to alert befor episodes, are very difficult tasks who I believe is hard to teach by yourself. Service dogs are often carefully chosen from good breeding and tests then trained by professionals. However it could be a fitting dogs, the poodle is the best breed for a service dog by those you mentioned. Maltese might not have the best will to work and the yorkie is a terrier, not always so easy to work with. There are definitely better breeds to rely on, such as a good purebred poodle, Labrador retriever etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I know the litter thing sounds really really bad, but every single puppy went to family members or they kept them. The ones they kept, couldn't get neutered or spayed until 1 year. It's not allowed at any of the vets in the area. But yes, I was going to train myself. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about temperament/behavior in Yorkie/Maltese/Poodle. This litter is the dog's third.
[/QU
Ma'am/sir, it's not my dogs. They live in the smallest house ever, and they now own 5 dogs. The dog had puppies, they couldn't get the puppies fixed, and the momma had more puppies just a few days before the first puppies got fixed. Please don't judge my siblings based on this, the situation has now gotten out of control and they are in the process now of getting everyone fixed.
Thank you. I have heard of Morkie's being service dogs, but I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Since it’s not your dogs it’s not fair to take this discussion with you. However, I can’t stress enough that this is not okay under any circumstances. There is nothing that can justify this type of events. I also hope they’ve carefully made the choice to fix the dogs and taken all the risks and negative affects with castration in account.

Good luck with your search for a service dog.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
I'd like to add that unwanted matings can happen but there is no need for accidental litters, the pregnancy can be terminated with a simple injection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts