Dog Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right, more puppies! The day after Autumn and her crew left for rescue, My neighbor and friend calls and tells me they have two puppies that have showed up out of nowhere and ended up on their front porch. They are unable to keep them and when I heard they were just planning on taking them to the pound anyway, I offered to take them home. They of course agree and are very happy to not have to worry about them anymore. So here I am with two pups, they are both male and are about 12 weeks old. They appear to be Aussie mixes. Jake is the Piebald Tri-Color and Jack is the Merle Tri. Sadly they weren't raised well, we had to trap Jack because he was so frightened of people, he also would run from me when I would enter their space after we got them home. Jake is a bit timid, but much more outgoing and confident than his brother. Both have improved this morning, Jack allows petting now and will wag his tail, but still runs if you move too fast. However, puppies learn quickly, so I think here in a few days he will be just fine. Anyways, enough talk- onto the photos!

·
Registered
712 Posts
oh.....my....goodness........

So...Where are you located? I'm coming for Jack lol Mia could use another puppy playmate hahaha *sigh..I WISH!*

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
They are adorable! I may have to steal Jack :p I have a soft spot for any merle dog, especially if they have long hair. I hope given time they (especially Jake) will be more comfortable and not be so scared.

Reactions: LoveMyFosters

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh.....my....goodness........

So...Where are you located? I'm coming for Jack lol Mia could use another puppy playmate hahaha *sigh..I WISH!*
I know, I love Merle coloring and every time I look at Jack it just kills me! I'm located in Ohio.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are adorable! I may have to steal Jack :p I have a soft spot for any merle dog, especially if they have long hair. I hope given time they (especially Jake) will be more comfortable and not be so scared.
I know! I love Merle dogs too and he is killing me, lol I'm sure that they will both come around nicely given time. They are getting better and better. I've had puppies that were worse off than these guys and all have come around.
Save

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Oh they are adorable.

Well it sounds like they have landed in the right hands. I can't imagine the pound would have helped any with acclimating them to people. I'm sure you will do a great job!

Reactions: LoveMyFosters

·
Registered
547 Posts
OH MY GOSH, I'm in love with those puppies. It is never easy to take in a stray or abandoned animal only to see it leave after it's healthy and balanced. Keep up the amazing work!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The pups continue to do very well. Jack now greets all of us happily, will seek out our attention and willingly accepts our touch. It's wonderful to see him learning that people aren't something to fear. He's lived his life not knowing if he can trust people, but finally he is getting the chance to learn that people are here to love, and not hurt him. He still has moments of fear, but each time he reverts back to the behavior he has known so long, he will just as quickly calm and change back to the new he is learning. It amazes me every time I watch him do it, even though he's only been here for two days, he already realizes that we aren't going to hurt him even when his ingrained instincts try to tell him otherwise. He's doing great and I'm very proud of him. Jake gets more lively and crazy as each day goes by- He's such a clown and loves to run all over the place. He has very little distrust of people and has been easy to work with. Also, more good news- we have found rescue for these guys! They will be going to a great one that I have personally worked with before. They are excellent, knowledgeable people and will make sure these little guys get the attention they need before they are adopted out. Knowing they are going to a great rescue makes me feel at ease and happy knowing their future will only get better.

And here's a video of Jack being silly. He loves to play in the water bowl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV-nnEukJoE

Reactions: Rain

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The puppies left for rescue today. It was a fun experience because this was my first time transporting dogs along with this being my first time working with a rescue directly. I am in contact with the rescue owner and they have promised to keep me updated as things go. I cannot believe how attached I got to these guys in just 6 days.. I am so happy that they are now one step closer to their forever homes, but saddened because we had to say goodbye. They were complete sweethearts and I loved them so much. *Sigh, it's so hard having an empty house again.. I have had back to back fosters for a month. Having an empty nest always hits me hard. :(

Reactions: SusanLynn and Rain

·
Registered
502 Posts
You really are an amazing person for helping all these dogs! If I didn't have 3 dogs I would take the tri color in a heartbeat!! He is so cute I want to squish him.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you everyone! I'm glad to be able to share this wonderful job of mine with all of you. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts