Dog Forum banner

Molly's Photo Booth

10K views 43 replies 12 participants last post by  Aspen726 
#1 ·
A place to showcase my pup, Molly.
Two things that come with me everywhere is my dog, and my camera.
From time to time I get some shots that I really want to share with folks, and I am seeing that the lot on this site enjoy photos just as much as I do.

Molly at the time of this post is 9 months old.
She is a bit of a diva at times and really loves to pose for the camera.

See less See more
#5 ·
Still waiting for Molly's new Siwash Harness to be delivered.
She is using a customized skijoring harness right now. (not pictured)

Her custom cart is in the making now.
I am in the search for a place to make the shafts as I want a nice curve to them.
Making my own is going to cost me about two hundred more than if I just bought one online, but mine will be custom for my dogs size when full grown.
As I deal with seven months of winter, we will also be making it possible to change the wheels with skis. (just have to iron out some details)
So far Molly has all her basic training down for control and conduct while pulling.
I tested her out last week in an area full of Geese and Squirrels and she did fantastic. She has done so well to understand the differences between "work" and "play".
I am not interested in competition, but she really does turn heads when we are out and about training.
Everyone seems amazed with how she handles herself and her wheels.
Really, it is just simple clicker training and dedicating about ten hours per week.

Last week I was walking on our trails and heard someone say "poor dog" in relation to her working.
They could not be farther from the truth. Molly loves this thing and looks forward to getting hooked up every day!

This is Molly telling me she want to go for a walk...

I could not find any group in my area that is into Drafting so I had to rely on a great book to train myself, but to any who may be interested in Drafting, a book is all I found I have needed so far.

I will post some pictures of her cart in the making soon.

#9 ·
Yesterday was the warmest day of the year so far.
I decided to take Molly out for our usual summer time walk which is about 5Km total for the first half.

I thought I would take you on a small tour of our adventure.

This first part is more of a private place where we go to play with her ball and take photos.
Not many people come here and we will just stay in this area in the winter months or if it is late, to avoid certain dogs in the off leash area.

Once we get to the top of the hill, we will take a break with a snack and relax to the view of where we just came from.

This would also be our last chance to party before hitting the off leash area.

Once we get to the more popular area, I will pick up her toy, put away my camera and pick up the pace a bit.

This area is the longest urban trail system in Canada and has plenty of off leash areas with dirt trails running off the main paved trail.

We stayed on the main trail this day and met a fantastic gentle giant of an American Bully.
Molly adores Bullies for some reason. Maybe she just picks up on my vibe about them?
Anyhow, she is such a papas girl.
If any dog is the least bit aggressive, she will just run to me to keep moving on.

If there is no dogs in this area, we will play with her ball a bit more...

...or take some more pictures :)

Usually we will do our 10 Km stroll, but it was a bit cold on her feet with all the water and snow covering the main trail.
We cut it short this time.
However, this did not stop Molly from wanting to play with her ball when we got back to our usual "private" area of the park!

I will set up my go pro and camera next time, when we get back to cart training for the rest of the course. (a tad bit warmer and dryer)

I hope you enjoyed the first part of our Adventure.
Please come back and see how great Molly has become with her cart training. She still has a few hiccups now and then, but it will be nice to have her pull weight this year. She just adores her training wheels, and I am finding it hard to wait for the better weather to get her pulling :)

#10 ·
When I post pictures of Molly, I will usually try to get a nice clean shot that shows her personality and such, but there is a less dignified side to our daily adventures.

Sure, she has some great moments like these of her flying through the air...

Unfortunately there is another part to this equation...

...landing

Try after try, Molly gets up and gives it another go...

...so she can stand tall with a feeling of accomplishment and a sense of victory to show off to all of her friends.

#12 ·
YUP, "just over yonder" as they say in the prairies :)

I think Molly is so great too.
She came to us and formed a unique and loving relationship with everyone in my family.

When I hooked Molly up to her training wheels for the first time, I had no idea what I was doing and just kinda jumped in head first.
She took to it right away and naturally crossed her legs in turns.
After reading up on the specifics, I found that she is just a natural.
I feel lucky to have tried it in a way.
I can see so much potential for ideas of what she can do because of cart training... Skijorring, and other sports for example.
I am contemplating getting a new set of off road blades for the summer...looks like a lot of fun, and Molly would love to run through the mountains.

#13 ·
Molly is such a lazy pup at home, but when I pick up my camera...she runs to her harness and waits patiently at the door to leave on our next adventure.

I have been practicing with a new lens and getting there, but will need a bit more practice to get it right.

Here is a few random shots from the last little while since I have been on here.

Last, but one of my favourites...

#19 ·
Taking advantage of this beautiful weather in Canada!

The low sun late in the day really shows off the tint of brown in her coat that is usually not visible.

I never get tired of watching her run and bounce :)

I was starting to think she was putting on the lbs but she is looking pretty healthy.
Even a few extra lumps should do her good for the winter here.

#20 ·
It has been too long since our last posting here :(
Fortunately I have stocked up quite a few images of my not so little pup :)

Today I do not have a story to go with this but I am so pleased at how black and white works with Molly.

Normally Molly will walk without her boots on the city trails but recently I have found that her feet have not been doing well with ice and hard crispy snow :(
Her boots have now been a regular accessory.

Snow has to be Molly's favourite thing in the world!

"Brain freeze"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.